Thursday 24 December 2015

A Christmas Star

Well it's finally Christmas Eve, the presents are wrapped, the crafting is finished, the Christmas crafting that is and it's time to show you my final Christmas make of the year, Christmas stars.



I made a clutch of these stars a little while ago and finally got around to blocking them.
 


I'm not sure where I got the pattern from, it may have been from a magazine but as I have it jotted down in a notebook with no reference I can't trace it.




I wanted to make a garland but I don't really have anywhere to hang garlands or bunting. No fireplaces mean no mantels.So I crocheted a long braid, attached the stars and hung it at the small window looking out onto our back garden. Red stars against the background of white curtains, they look better in real life as the photo doesn't do them justice.

Wishing you all a happy and peaceful Christmas.

Hx

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family dear friend!
    Love, Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Stars on a braid look really lovely! Very impressed! Val.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and festive. I hope that you are having a very cheerful holiday.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stars look wonderful! I hope they will bring you joy for many more christmases to come!

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stars look dark against the bright light from the window and their silhouettes show up the stitching beautifully. They remind me of crocheted snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stars are very delicate and pretty! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you a very Happy New Year!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am actually pleased to glance at this web site posts which consists of tons of helpful facts,
    thanks for providing these kinds of statistics.



    I'm a faithful reader of how to search on the internet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment, I love to read them all and will reply to any questions as soon as I can.