Saturday 3 October 2015

Paisley and Diamond Crochet

Hello, I've had an unplanned break from both blogging and crochet recently so it's been a while since my last post, I'd like to say thank you for all the lovely comments you left for me while I wasn't around. I have only managed a few minutes here and there with my hook over the past weeks so I didn't get my second summer cushion finished before sliding gently into autumn, however I thought you might like to see what I have managed to do so far and I'll finish it to use next year. I had started with the pink Paisley motifs I showed you before.



These motifs are smaller than the ones I made for the previous cushion, measuring only 6.5 x 3.5 cm. We have had some lovely September days here so when I could I went outside to enjoy the warm sunshine before the temperature dropped in the evening. Though I haven't had a lot of time to crochet I have enjoyed seeing these bright colours in the sunshine as I hooked up motifs in spare moments.




I knew I wanted to use both the pink and green this time and I also wanted a completely different design. I played about with the pink and green picturing different designs before choosing diamonds to go with the Paisley motifs and edging them in yellow.







 I decided to have a deep border running along the bottom of the cushion this time with a narrow border along the top. I've been making it up as I go along which makes it all the more fun.



This design was inspired by a photograph of a sari which had a beautiful pattern along the bottom, though the actual motifs, colours and design I chose for the cushion are completely different.



Although my progress has been slow I've enjoyed putting these bright colours together, a last piece of summer before turning my thoughts to autumn. Have you noticed the different feel in the air recently? I'm lucky enough to live in a quiet location and often think this time of year sounds different too. The slide into autumn feels gentle this year, it will soon be time to cosy up indoors and I've already started thinking of making gifts for the end of the year, but not quite yet.

Til next time.

Hx

6 comments:

  1. Perfect! I love those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I love those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cushion!! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those shades, ochre is such a stimulating colour! Well done to you.
    Wishing you a happy day
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your paisley pattern :) The colours are perfect for injecting the warmth of summer into these autumn months. The air has definitely changed in this neck of the woods... now it's full of drizzle!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful burst of colors. Very cheerful indeed. And a very interesting pattern as well. Looking forward to the finished cushion.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment, I love to read them all and will reply to any questions as soon as I can.