Thursday 19 October 2017

Autumn Projects

Hi folks,

The temperatures have been dropping, the nights drawing in, the trees are gloriously rich golds, coppers and reds, it's definitely autumn. Time to curl up with a cosy crochet project in the evenings and I have three current projects to share with you, a skirt, a top and a pair of socks.







The is a skirt which I'm working in Wendy Aran yarn. I actually started this project before the summer but found it too warm to work a yarn this heavy over the summer months. I'm using a deep wine colour for the main yarn and haven't completely made my mind up yet what the contrast colour will be for the squares at the bottom.






The skirt is worked from the top down in one piece until it reaches the granny squares. The pattern is this one from Drops Design.


 
                                                  


The next project is an old make I am reworking. Originally a tunic I made for my sister, it didn't fit her very well any more and hadn't been worn much. I made too good a job of weaving in the ends on this, finding all of them to undo this has been a challenge. I had thought to make a jumper from the yarn to keep my sister cozy on her long dog walks but I'm looking at a few different patterns.




My third project is a pair of socks for N using Woolcraft Superwash Sock Yarn in shade 44. This yarn feels lovely and soft so I'm hoping it will make a very cozy pair of socks to keep his tootsies warm. While I'm using the sizing and shaping from an existing pattern I'm adding a cuff at the top of the sock and using a different stitch.



It wouldn't be autumn without fallen leaves to crunch through on country walks, hot chocolate and cozy socks. I didn't keep well over the last year or so and now that I am feeling better I am really enjoying getting back to simple pleasures and enjoying crochet again. What are you doing or making this autumn?

Til next time,
Hx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Helen,
    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I love the colour you have chosen for your skirt. DROPS have many nice patterns like this one. I'd even bookmarked this one for future reference.

    I also share your mixed feelings about finding ends again. Like you, I take particular care with weaving in ends so I know from experience exactly what you are going through! I keep reminding myself at times like these to come up with a system to make it easier to find the ends again if frogging becomes necessary but do you think I have one yet? No! Good luck with your alterations - I hope it isn't too frustrating! I will be interested to find out your approach.

    Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodie, your work is fab! Frogging can be so frustrating but I do kind of have a system. If I still have the pattern, which for this project I do, I reverse the making up instructions to make finding the ends easier. I always weave the ends of a garment in the same directions so in theory it should be easy, there are a few which aren't where I expected them to be though so I don't know what I was thinking on this one. Hx

      Delete
  2. Great makes! I especially like the skirt, so fun and elegant. It could work with a lot of different looks.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed at your clothes-crocheting - I've only ever made scarves and hats. I love the skirt, so pretty.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. The skirt is gonna be gorgeous. I've never actually made clothing, just accessories like hats, scarves and shawls. I definitely have socks on my to try list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment, I love to read them all and will reply to any questions as soon as I can.